The World’s Finest Pulsed Electro-
Contact: (775) 375-
1. For changing leads, does the machine need to be completely off or can just the pulse part be off?
a. Yes, you can change leads after pressing the red button and the pulse is turned off.
b. To mitigate any chance of a problems the power should be completely shut off, prior to removing/changing the leads.
2. When treating a specific area can you stay there for the full time or should you move it around?
a. Good question. Depends upon how large of an area. Hindquarters and Backs are large areas that need more treatment time for proper coverage. The horses generally like the stroking of the loop over these areas, so move it around.
b. For Hocks, Fetlocks, Hoofs, etc you can leave the loop in place for the full 10 minutes of treatment. at 5 minutes the loops should be rotated 90 degrees so the magnetic field penetrates the body part from a different angle. This is a bit more challenging for Stifles. If I am treating the horse's Stifle, I will manually apply loop. I will choose a loop that is dependent upon the size of the horse’s stifle. A smaller stifle can be surrounded by a joint loop.
3. When moving it around, how long should you remain in one spot?
a. For a complete treatment in that one spot 6-
b. If the Vet knows what specifically area requires treatment, and that area can be covered by the loop ,then 10 minutes on that are is adequate.
4. How often should the therapy be done? Can you treat a spot to much?
a. Treatments can be administered two or three times daily, with 4-
b. Treating a spot too much: If there is extensive damage to tissues then it is
possible that a highly aggressive contraction could cause further trauma and hemorrhage,
if treated more than 5-
5. How long should you treat an area for? Should this vary depending on times treated?
a. Since there is no evidence of negative side effects for extended use of PEMF, the treatment limits would be based upon results. A human will tell you that they feel better and that a problem area feels good and no further treatment is required. Obviously, a horse cannot communicate this. Thus, it a decision needs to be made by a qualified person...owner, vet, trainer.
b. Many people and horses a continue treatment after an injury has been resolved, as a matter of maintenance. This is more so with athletes, whether it is a human or horse.
6. How high should the intensity level be? As long as it is tolerable is it ok? Can it be set too low that it isn’t helping?
a. The threshold of discomfort is the typical measure of intensity level. The stronger the intensity the deeper the penetration.
b. The treatment provider will generally find that as the state of the injury improves, there is less discomfort to a more intense (deeper penetrating) treatment.
c. Even low setting will provide a benefit. However, if the injury is deep within
the muscle tissue of within a joint, the more treatment cycles will be required.
We have no studies of evidence as to the trade-
7. If a horse is sedated should anything about our treatment change?
a. The PEMF will cause the drug to be metabolized much more quickly. Experiment with a lower dose of sedative and once you start an EquiPulse treatment, watch to see if the lower dose provides adequate sedation.
8. Can I cause any damage using the EquiPulse?
a. Absolutely! Keep it away from water!
b. Like most athletes and active people, who feel amazing after a treatment, care should be taken not to push the limits to quickly. Take time before attempting to run a horse hard or compete too soon, etc.
c. If a horse becomes startled or bolts there is a high potential for damage to persons, property and the horse. Application of the loops and intensity settings are very important.
9. Should you take time off after using the EquiPulse? Or can you continue to take part in high stress activities?
a. See #8 for those being treated for injuries
b. For those who are injury free, human or horse.... our technology s great for
c. Antony Galvan was treated with the Delta Pulse before the 2009 Manhattan Beach
Grand Prix. Antony decides to forego a traditional pre-
• PEMF (Pulsed Electro-
• PEMF therapy regenerates damaged and diseased tissue, repairs torn tendons and fractured bones.
• PEMF therapy enhances the synthesis of protein in the cells, allowing the body to take advantage of all the protein available.
• PEMF therapy improves circulation, not by increasing heartbeat or blood pressure, but by opening and dilating the arteries and capillaries. This also reduces edema (swelling).
• PEMF therapy increases the cellular level of oxygen absorption. Studies have shown that oxygen partial pressure can be increased by 200%. This reduces pain associated with lack of sufficient oxygen. Also, insufficient oxygen in the cells causes lactic acid buildup under strenuous exercise.
• PEMF therapy is particularly effective in getting to deep muscle soreness because of its deep penetration.
• The body's natural magnetic field. This is created by the flow of electrically
charged ions in and out of cells and the transmission of electric impulses through
cell membranes. Only Pulsed Electro-
• Time Needed for Therapy. The EquiPulse system only needs to be used for 15-
• Published, scientific studies abound for pulsed magnetic field therapy. PEMF has been FDA approved and widely used in the treatment of human delayed bone fractures for over a decade, and there is a growing body of literature concerning the biological and clinical effects of this energy. A recent study using pulsed magnetic fields reminds us that in clinical studies done over 17 years, over millions of patients have been treated safely with PEMF. Now you can use this therapy on YOURSELF and YOUR horses too!
Do you or your horse suffer from soreness in the back, from stiffness, arthritic conditions, ligament, tendon, muscle or bone injury, decreased range of motion or poor circulation?
Concerned about non-
INGLEWOOD, Calif. -
Lava Man was purchased in a Claimer Race for $50,000. Lava Man was then treated
with the EquiPulse, because of an abscess in his left front foot, which then healed
in 4 days with the use of this device. From then on Lava Man routinely received EquiPulse
treatments on his entire body. He came back from his foot injury in 2006 and blossomed
into a superstar. Lava Man has won 7 Grade 1 races ranking him as the all-
Approach Treatment Areas Slowly
If There Are Signs of Discomfort
When EquiPulse is Working
Avoid using the EquiPulse with
Penetrate more deeply than intended
Can cause an Adverse Response
Because it already penetrates the Cells
Works well with EquiPulse
Antibiotics are OK...
Aids antibiotic performance
Aids cellular mobility
Frequently Asked Questions